JASON ALAN SNYDER - TECHNOLOGIST
Strategic Planning – Innovative Product Development – Visionary Leadership
Highly-innovative technology executive with 15 years experience in full-life cycle product development, P&L management, brand strategy, and team building. Award-winning 20+ patented track record of designing and deploying emerging technologies into commercial successes across diverse platforms in entrepreneurial environments. Excels in developing and driving to mass market consumer technology products with extraordinary life spans connecting audiences to products and people. Highly effective communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences translating technology solutions into plain-speak. Visionary leadership resulting in best-practice solution architectures.
“Jason is an extremely creative, unconstrained thinker that mixes a fact-driven logic with an insightful understanding of how to reach consumers. He built an agile team and delivered rapid, comprehensive results under short deadlines, and helped everyone around him have fun doing it. A truly creative leader.”
– Peter Nush, Director, Brand Development at AOL
| Product and Content Development |
Strategic Market Planning
Technology Strategy and Implementation
User Experience Development
| Managing Product Development Teams |
Information and Visual Design
Senior Vice President – Digital and Technological Strategies, MRM Worldwide, 01/08 to Present, Princeton, NJ
MRM Worldwide is one of the top five global digital agencies with a footprint of 62 offices in 40 countries and over 2,500 employees. Through a deep evaluation and understanding of customers in the open digital world we identify the right investments and channels to articulate a business strategy and build Customer Utility. Working with the world’s largest technology companies, our agile developers design, implement, and integrate the technical solutions needed to break through and deliver memorable brand experiences across the digital landscape. In the global network, I function as the domain expert for synthetic worlds, mobile as well as safety, security and privacy matters. In the Princeton office, I lead all client initiatives related to the use and application of technology by developing systems, methodologies and establishing best practices. I also manage technology staff including developers, information designers, design technologists and digital strategists.
• Lead strategy in regards to safety and individual privacy concerns for recruiting matters on behalf of the U.S. Army
• Lead the strategic, digital, and technological efforts globally on behalf of Educational Testing Service
• Lead the strategic, digital, and technological efforts for AVIS and Budget Rental Cars
• Lead the strategic, digital, and technological efforts on brands for Sanofi Aventis, Novartis and Bristol-Meyers Squibb
Managing Director–Technology Strategies, SFGT, Inc., 8/05 to 06/07, Philadelphia, PA
Proposed and launched technology-based marketing strategies for consulting firm servicing Fortune 100 clients. Developed trend-setting consumer application products managing design work across all multimedia platforms managing 40-person organization.
• Invented 15+ patents in social networking consumer application and mobile handset products.
• Prototyped and patented mobile phone application for China Government on behalf of J&J as volunteer charity nexus to engage citizens in public service and mobilize country in need.
• Developed new Web-based interactive mobile phone application providing users real-time value-added promotional services. Trend setting product expanded from Asia to North American market.
• Designed content matrices and informatics methods providing Web-based targeted health and brand messaging for J&J product consumers.
• Led the ideation and development of strategic social networking properties for American Express public service program, “The Members Project", featuring celebrities directed by Martin Scorsese.
“Video is high quality…well integrated with page design… active and engaged.”
– Avenue A | Razorfish on talkingtoyourdoctor.com
VP Creative Director–Pharmaceutical, Digitas Health, 06/04 to 07/05, Philadelphia, PA
Managed 15 person creative group leading user experience strategy and development for health care marketing agency integrating user-centric programs across channels and audiences.
• Designed and implemented award-winning first large-scale digital video promotion in pharmaceutical industry incorporating internet and television content offerings (talkingtoyourdoctor.com).
• Developed engaging online training modules leading to increased physician completion success rate.
• Developed best practices for segmenting pharmaceutical information to users in challenging HIPPA regulated environment.
Technology Consultant, Saatchi & Saatchi, 01/04 to 6/04, New York City, NY
Technology lead for global advertising company.
• Created consumer based Website for Nexium using broadband video elements.
• Developed CD Rom collateral targeting physicians on benefits of FluMist.
Director of Product Design, America Online, 11/02 to 01/04, Dulles, VA
Headed new team of 14 product managers and designers in developing dynamic software and features for world’s largest online media company.
• Led UI, visual design, and prototyping of AOL client and core services including; Web browser, wallet, shopping, and content publishing tools. Invented multiple instant messaging and address book patents.
• Migrated AOL to an audience segmented multiple document interface enhancing user experience.
• Expanded AOL delivery channels leading the strategy, research, and development for prototyping applications engaging multiple AOL clients through audience segmentation.
CEO and Founder, deepFry, 08/00 to 04/02, New York City, NY
Founded award-winning interactive media firm. Grew to 30-person group servicing large, independent advertising agencies and marketing companies. Clients included WestWayne, Coca-Cola.
• Generated multi-million dollar contract with Coca-Cola as exclusive interactive services agency managing data warehousing and selection process for online contests and campaigns.
• Won CLIO and AXIEM Awards for producing interactive, real-time applications building shared online communities during 2002 Winter Olympic Games for Coca-Cola.
• Invented go-to mobile coupon system for Coca-Cola enabling tracking of promotions volume impacting sales real-time.
VP–Head of Interactive and Creative Director, Pittard Sullivan, 11/00 to 03/01, New York City, NY
Managed 12-person group for global marketing company providing strategic planning, branding, and design in digital media and television.
• Led creation of visual and interaction design of TiVo interface and interaction model including initial e-commerce methodologies.
• Developed secure commerce models providing video-on-demand services for ABC Television, HBO On Demand, and TRT Turkish Television.
“[WeMedia] has employed the most sophisticated technology in order to make these [Paralympic] Games accessible to all people.” –President, IPC
Convergence and Experience Lead Consultant, WeMedia, 08/00 to 11/00, New York City, NY
In team collaboration designed, developed, and managed the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games award-winning Webcast with $15 million dollar budget. Recruited to Pittard Sullivan based on track record.
• Produced media-enhanced Web sites using XML driven-data model and real-time video streams creating engaging user experience. Heralded as largest multi-media Webcast in history.
• Yahoo-licensed real-time tracking technology set trend for industry standards.
VP–Group Director, APL Digital/Zentropy Partners, 10/99 to 08/00, New York City, NY
Strengthened international presence for start-up marketing agency within the Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG), managing 250 people globally, leading creative group team of 40. Clients included; Unilever, USAir, UPS, LEGO, Dun and Bradstreet, Dean and Deluca, Dell Computers, RCA, Popsicle.
• Managed merger acquisitions of 10+ Interpublic Group companies into Zentropy Partners building interactive group from the ground up and generating 25% revenue growth first year.
• Developed first Flash based SSL 128 bit encrypted rich media banking interface.
• Built business architectural infrastructure and best-in-class systems and processes integrating interactive and traditional advertising across 25 global offices.
VP–Creative Director, LAUNCH Media/Yahoo!, 05/99 to 10/99, Los Angeles, CA
Led 12-person team in concept and design development building LAUNCHcast, a revolutionary personalized and community-driven streaming radio product scalable to mass audiences. In application today as Yahoo! Music.
• Developed LAUNCHcast’s on-demand streaming video and audio application using Windows media through Flash interface, optimizing for scalability, programmability and expandability.
• Conceived and developed LAUNCH3D a fully immersive synthetic music and commerce community using broadband technology. Licensed 3D gaming engine for broadband with full-motion video streams leading way for Sims technology.
• Optimized and integrated LAUNCHcast brand through marketing strategies profiling users based on music preferences building audiences through unique offerings.
Director of Interactive, iDeutsch/ Deutsch Advertising, 03/97 to 05/99, NYC and Los Angeles, CA
Founded interactive group and established Los Angeles office leading celebrated campaigns for clients such as; Snapple, Nike, Footlocker, Publishers Clearing House, Mitsubishi Motors, and Tanqueray.
• Won Andy Award for ideating, prototyping, developing, and launching IKEA’s global Web presence incorporating 3D illustrations, Unicode, Flash, Macromedia Fireworks, DHTML navigation, and Java. Two million images created first month with in-store experience product assembly tool.
• Developed award-winning Tanqueray Links Classic one of the first interactive banner advertisements.
• Won $50+ million dollar Mitsubishi Motors account.
• Launched Nike’s revolutionary TunedAir sneaker guerilla campaign.
“LAUNCHcast's content is great…its player is feature-rich.” - PC Magazine
Chief Technology Officer, Studio Now, 12/95 to 03/97, New York City, NY
Transformed entertainment and listing service start-up into e-company managing several Web properties with team of 20.
• Built comparison shopping outlet for NYnow.com, a model for syndicated content applications and the first Web-based NYC guide. Incorporated emerging-technology interactive Java applets leading revolutionary strategy capitalizing on untapped market capturing consumer habitual behavior.
• Developed Ethepeople.com, the first Web-based community affairs service, providing audiences an interactive town hall experience enabling online petitions to local government.
Director–New Technologies, Innovative Information Techniques, 06/93 to 11/95, New York City, NY
Developed multimedia management tools for corporations and financial institutions providing productivity-enhancing interactive programs.
• Innovated new software medium for Monet Group incorporating immersive 3D and synthetic environment managing content across multiple categories and clients. Provided secured hosting of proprietary merchandising plans.
• Led emerging technology ideation, prototype, and development of automated plan-o-gram software for Monet Group facilitating redesign of product line in 350 store locations.
• Developed proprietary banking and financial services software for Chase Capital Partners.
Lead Technologist, äda Web, 01/92 to 06/93, New York City, NY
Led emerging multimedia Web browser development for artist platform.
• Showcased earliest large-scale virtual art exhibit online.
• Developed complex linguistic, audio, and color association Web application enabling users to compose, publish, and share multimedia artwork in a secured environment
AWARDS & HONORS
American Association for the Advancement of Science – Mobile technology innovation
Phame Award – First large scale interactive video promotion (talkingtoyourdoctor.com)
Freddie Award – talkingtoyourdoctor.com
WWW Health Award – talkingtoyourdoctor.com
International Society of Computational Biology – Diabetes management product for J&J
State of Play Conference, New York Law School – Documentary on Synthetic Worlds
Smithsonian/Cooper–Hewitt National Design Award Nominee
CLIO Award, Interactive – Producing Coca-Cola Olympics
AXIEM Award – Producing Coca-Cola Olympics
Smithsonian/Cooper–Hewitt National Design Award Nominee
International Web Page Awards – Popsicle Web design
Addy Award – Producing 2000 Paralympics
Art Director’s Club – Young Guns Award Nomination
Bandie Award – LAUNCHcast design
BDA Award – Motion graphics design for 2000 Paralympics, TiVo launch, TRT
International Web Page Award – Interactive design for work with Dean and DeLuca, GM Buy Power, Kenneth Cole
Adtech Gold Award – Branding campaign for Tanqueray Links Classic
Andy Award – Producing IKEA global Web presence
“Jason's unique experience, vision and creativity as a futurist, marketer and
product developer make him a rare talent– and a rare value.”
– CEO, SFGT, Inc.
Named as inventor on 20+ patents in mobile phone applications, object and image recognition technologies, display technologies, user interfaces and social networking methods.
Focus topics delivered on futurism, artificial life, synthetic worlds, developing messaging for non-human intelligence.
Lecturer – Temple University, School of Communications, 2005 to present.
Guest Presenter at State of Play Conference, F.I.T., Johnson & Johnson, American Express, Comcast, University of California at Santa Cruz.
American Association for the Advancement of Science
American Society for Information Science
Association of Computing Machinery
Association of Old Crows
Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
Information Security Systems Association
Information Systems Audit and Control Association
World Future Society
Authored and contributed to books and articles on interactive advertising, branding, Flash, and Web-based advertising. Magazine contributions include; Advertising Age, Adweek, Communication Arts, Creativity, Forbes, Hollywood Reporter, The New York Times, TimeOut, USA Today, New Architect, Graphic Design USA, and Shift.
Graduate - MBA Marketing, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland
Undergraduate - International Studies, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
National Security Agency – Information Assessment (IAM) and Information Evaluation Methodologies (IEM) Certifications