A couple months ago the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) reached out and asked me if I would like to have the honor of being the first member they profiled in a new feature. I was very flattered by the opportunity and delighted to accept.
The MMA is "the premier global association that strives to stimulate the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technology. MMA members include agencies, advertisers, hand held device manufacturers, carriers and operators, retailers, software providers and service providers, as well as any company focused on the potential of marketing via mobile devices.
As the primary source for mobile marketing information and expertise, the MMA is dedicated to:
- Providing an industry forum to meet, discuss, plan and work cooperatively to resolve key industry issues
- Bringing together industry-wide, global and regional work groups that focus on industry initiatives
- Providing representation for the mobile marketing industry to major legislative bodies worldwide
- Sharing perspectives on mobile marketing between Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the U.S.
- Fueling peer-to-peer interaction through seminars, conferences and events
- Developing metrics for measuring ad delivery and consumer response
- Developing open and compatible mobile marketing technical and creative standards
- Defining and publishing mobile marketing best practices and guidelines on privacy, ad delivery, and ad measurement
- Providing the value and effectiveness of mobile marketing to advertisers, agencies and consumers
- Serving as the key advocate on behalf of the mobile marketing industry"
I really enjoy being a member of the MMA. The ability to connect with other folks all around the world equally as passionate about mobile technology and it's impact and use for marketing is pretty cool. Sharing ideas, opportunities and results is pretty invaluable and provides tremendous benefits for my clients and helps a great deal in terms of innovation.
Anyway - it's a pretty big honor and I thought I'd share. Click here to see the original article.